The activity-based programme for children (age 7 to 12) is called “Learn&Play” and aims to introduce children to the English language through singing, acting, drawing and painting, art and craft workshops and other activities and excursions. Children in this course must be accompanied by a parent (or responsible). Learn&Play will take place in the beautiful environment of South Devon.
The programme relies on the most relevant learning strategies of children:
- playing with joy,
- imitating with confidence,
- exploring the environment with all their senses.
A parent may take part to English lessons if their presence helps the child settle into the group.
While children are in their “Learn&Play” lessons, we offer the following options to the parents or accompanying adult:
- “educational desk” held in the morning between 10:00 and 12:00 (break time included) when we can discuss and deepen educational topics. Conversations might take place in a garden or in a local tea room or during a walk to one of the many magic places in Devon.
- English lessons in mini groups or one-to-one and art or craft workshops or outdoors activities with children or separately
- enjoy your holidays and relax, perhaps visiting special places in magical Devon and Cornwall!
For more information or to reserve a place, please do contact me or pre-book here.
- Venue: Devon
- Dates: 3 to 14 August 2020 (1 or 2 weeks)
- Daily Schedule: Monday to Friday 09:30 to 13:00
- English lesson: 7.5 hours per week
- Creative activities: 7.5 hours per week
- Certificate of Completion
- Accommodation: with own Parent(s)/Guardian or responsible Adult
- Course Fee: £400 per week (GBP – British Pounds – course only, accommodation not included))
- Children in this course must be accompanied by a Parent/Guardian or responsible adult
- What is included: Full one week programme
- What is NOT included: Journeys (except those included in the programme); personal expenses; personal insurance; accommodation
For children coming to Learn&Play with their Parents or accompanying adults might be beneficial to arrive one or two days before the course commences.
Families may also consider to extend their stay behind the time of Learn&Play and spend some holidays in the UK: this will help the child connect with the environment and will add a great bonus to their experience.
For more info or details please do not hesitate to contact me using the form at the bottom of this page
We can help to find an accommodation even if AEL can’t promise to find a solution for everyone. Please read here below the options for your stay.
- Host-Family: This is one of the most popular options but the number of available host-families is very limited.
- Homes to let: This solution might be a good option for families who may want to combine an intense language experience with a special holiday in the South-West of England.
- Hotels, B&B, Camp and Caravan sites: This solution is almost available and need to be reserved well in advance as summer is a peak time for tourism in Devon and the South-West
We can provide all the information and advice needed to find the appropriate solution.
For more details, use the form below to contact me: